6. She was afraid that unless the train speeded up she would lose her _____ to Scotland.
A. ticket B. place
C. seat D. connection
7. The ship was _____ in a storm off Jamaica.
A. drowned B. sunk
C. wrecked D. submitted
8. No one has _____ been able to trace the author of the poem.
A. still B. yet C. already D. just
9. More than one-third of the Chinese in the United States live in California, _____ in San Francisco.
A. previously B. predominantly
C practically D. permanently
10. The new secretary has written a remarkably _____ report only in a few pages but with all the details.
A. concise B. clear
C. precise D. elaborate